You’ve come to the BIA Toolkit to Create and Host Successful Virtual Events
Click on the resources below to take yourself on a tour of how to create your own engaging virtual events. If you have any questions or are looking for additional resources you can contact us at anytime!
This project by the Riverside BIA was made possible thanks to the BIA Innovation Fund of the City of Toronto.
Virtual Events How-To Summary Resources
Click to access the full PDF of the information on this page
STEP 1 – PLANNING
In brief: Assemble your Team; Brainstorm virtual event content; book event date and time; decide on event hosting and registration platform(s); create a work back plan; hire talent and technicians; set KPIs (Note: this toolkit is based on Zoom event hosting and Eventbrite registration/ticketing platforms):
STEP 2 – CONTENT & MEDIA CREATION
In brief: Create your key event visuals and promotional content; devise a detailed event rundown, storyboards and scripts; prepare all pre-recorded content.
- Access our step-by-step guide Virtual Event Content Creation
- Create key virtual event visuals: Examples here
- Detailed Virtual Event Rundown: Find a sample rundown here
- Prepare any needed scripts: For hosts, entertainers or other key folks. Example script here
- Create pre-recorded content: Find an example intro video here and a sample outro video here. See event segment examples here and here, and visit our YouTube channel to view all virtual event videos (or click on them individually below under Step 5).
- Create promotional content and communications: Check out sample promotional content including registration page (Eventbrite) and registrant email communications. BIA website-based promotional content examples here and here
STEP 3 – MARKETING & PROMOTION
Launch social media campaigns, advertising and listings; leverage your networks; communicate with event attendees:
- Access our step-by-step guide to Virtual Events Promotion for instructions, tips and samples
STEP 4 – TEST AND RUN THE VIRTUAL EVENT
Confirm your event execution support team; perform a test run and review best practices/ contingency plans… host your virtual event!:
- Access our step-by-step guide to Virtual Event Execution to learn how to test run and execute your event
STEP 5 – POST EVENT WRAP-UP/LESSONS LEARNED
Communicate the results to your team/attendees and share public event video, perform a post-event evaluation/lessons learned:
- Access our step-by-step guide to Virtual Events Wrap Up & Lessons Learned
- Communicate event results: see sample posts of public event wrap up messaging here and here
- Publicly post virtual event videos: All Riverside virtual event videos are posted publicly on our YouTube Channel: Riverside Eats Virtually, Virtual Riverside HOWL-O-WEEN, Riverside Virtual Public Art Tour, Virtual Riverside Antler Breakfast
- Share a post-event thank you communication with your attendees
Go Back to the Main Page for the BIA Toolkit
Check out the BIA Toolkit: Online Marketplace